Brown fuzzy stuff on Lepto frag

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This brown stuff has been growing (not very fast) on the newly cut edge of my lepto since I got it. I’ve had it for several months and it’s been growing fine. Wondering if this is going to inhibit the encrusting process. The soft tissue has been extending over the edge during the day and retracting at night (as expected). First pic is what it looked like in December when I first added it. Second pic was from February when I started noticing the brown stuff. Last two pictures are today. Please note that my urchin knocked it off at one point and it was re attached in a different position some time ago.
IMG_0412.jpeg
IMG_1061.jpeg
IMG_1716.png

Please excuse all the detritus. Had a poop storm the other day while cleaning a rear chamber. I have been slowly dusting it off daily.
IMG_1712.jpeg

OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try removing the drag , cleaning it and putting back
It had this stuff growing on it before the poop storm. Do you think it could be algae? It’s not getting much light since the coral tissue blocks most of it. Thanks.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back