Brown Jelly Disease Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter HardyG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HardyG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Messages
301
Reaction score
104
Location
Columbus, Ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon!

After lightly blowing my new torch with a pipette dropper I found out it had brown jelly disease. I am now petrified that I just shot that all over my tank and it will infect all of my euphyllia. Am I being over dramatic?

Anything I should be doing to prevent the others from getting it?

I saw the jelly free floating when I was hitting the torch.
 
Just observe, ensure ample flow. You can also dip your euphyllia in peroxide and iodine dips if you get too paranoid.
 
Just observe, ensure ample flow. You can also dip your euphyllia in peroxide and iodine dips if you get too paranoid.
I definitely am going to keep an eye out. I can’t believe I did something so stupid. This is my first run in with it, so I didn’t know any better until I looked it up, but man how dumb I I feel now.

Are preemptive iodine or peroxide dips good or is it really overkill and I should wait for a sign? Regardless I will go ahead and order some lugols.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new