Brown jelly disease

Reef-City

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown jelly recently nuked all my LPS I don’t have any LPS left now, I’ve read that chemi-clean fixes BJD does anyone have any experience with that? I want to dose something prior to adding more LPS so I know it’s gone, it’s been about 3 weeks since the last sign of BJD. I know people recommend ciproflaxin but it’s hard to acquire in my experience. Everywhere wants a prescription or to be paid through the mail. So if chemiclean is affective I already have some on hand.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a great thread on the subject here :) Give that a good read through and best of luck!

And welcome to R2R!! :cool:

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown jelly recently nuked all my LPS I don’t have any LPS left now, I’ve read that chemi-clean fixes BJD does anyone have any experience with that? I want to dose something prior to adding more LPS so I know it’s gone, it’s been about 3 weeks since the last sign of BJD. I know people recommend ciproflaxin but it’s hard to acquire in my experience. Everywhere wants a prescription or to be paid through the mail. So if chemiclean is affective I already have some on hand.
Google KFC dip, I believe it’s a near 100% success rate. I have a shoe box with KFC written on it with all the ingredients. I believe I got most of the ingredients from Heartland vet supplies but I know the government is cracking down on marine antibiotics without a prescription. I went through this over a year ago. I gave a new reefer a torch and frogspawn frag and sold a different torch and frogspawn frag dirt cheap with the stipulation that if anything happened to my colonies I would get the same deal. Fortunately I got all 4 back and only lost the ones I didn’t frag. I put them in a few weeks later and all was good.

OP
OP
Reef-City

Reef-City

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clicked on the top like 6 websites that came up and all got them wanted a prescription. My buddy sent me a link for cipro as well but they wanted a money order or a check. But awesome thank you I just ordered some, I’ll dose the tank and wait a while before adding any new Euphyllia.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back