Brown Jelly Disease?

RyanTheSquid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2025
Messages
205
Reaction score
72
Location
New Mexico
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a new Duncan frag online along with 2 hammers and a clam which all arrived happy. The Duncan never opened up though and ended up melting, I removed it and trashed it. Looking now it seems like it might been brown jelly disease and I have a torch, that I added at the same time that is retracting in another post. Related or am I just over thinking this?

20250405_140003.jpg 20250405_140158.jpg
 
I ordered a new Duncan frag online along with 2 hammers and a clam which all arrived happy. The Duncan never opened up though and ended up melting, I removed it and trashed it. Looking now it seems like it might been brown jelly disease and I have a torch, that I added at the same time that is retracting in another post. Related or am I just over thinking this?

20250405_140003.jpg 20250405_140158.jpg
Give it some time. Cant see the picture very well
 
Give it some time. Cant see the picture very well
It's nearly fully melted on the photo. Already in the trash now 2 heads melted and flew into the water stream. More worried for the rest of the corals.
 

Attachments

  • 20250405_140003.jpg
    20250405_140003.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 31
It's nearly fully melted on the photo. Already in the trash now 2 heads melted and flew into the water stream. More worried for the rest of the corals.
Shipping stress most likely. I dont think it will spread tho
 
Shipping stress most likely. I dont think it will spread tho
I figured but I was just worried because I have a new torch, that wasn't shipped. I added it same day as the rest though and now after a seemingly healthy day it's retracting into the skeleton and I saw some little brown wisps coming from the middle, could have been waste it was excreeting?
 
I figured but I was just worried because I have a new torch, that wasn't shipped. I added it same day as the rest though and now after a seemingly healthy day it's retracting into the skeleton and I saw some little brown wisps coming from the middle, could have been waste it was excreeting?
Picture please white light
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new