Brown jelly disease

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a branching hammer coral that arrived on Tuesday damaged either from shipping or the company. Flesh was coming off basically knew it was gonna make it. Two days later (today) it has brown jelly but only half of the coral is dying the other half is opened and puffy. But my question is would you like risk leaving it in your tank or just remove it? Thinking what I should do

C4D21BF9-41DA-46A4-8F36-92D94B4559FB.jpeg 2433DE6B-1BA1-4186-A5D5-90BD164CB0FA.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, take out carefully,not to spread bjd ,dip, dip in cup of dt rinse water,bjd can spread in tank knock off other lps

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they sent you a wall hammer not a branching. If it were branching I’d say cut off the healthy heads and ditch the infected. Wall hammers are tricky when they get sick. You can still Frag them but you need to find a spot where the skeleton comes to a pinch. If I were you I would cut the healthy stuff off and ditch what’s infected. Dip the healthy stuff in an iodine solution and keep a close eye on it. If it starts receding after fragging it I’d throw the whole thing out. You could get a hold of the seller and let them know they sent the wrong thing (that is, if it’s advertised as a branching)

OP
OP
T

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, take out carefully,not to spread bjd ,dip, dip in cup of dt rinse water,bjd can spread in tank knock off other lps
Looks like they sent you a wall hammer not a branching. If it were branching I’d say cut off the healthy heads and ditch the infected. Wall hammers are tricky when they get sick. You can still Frag them but you need to find a spot where the skeleton comes to a pinch. If I were you I would cut the healthy stuff off and ditch what’s infected. Dip the healthy stuff in an iodine solution and keep a close eye on it. If it starts receding after fragging it I’d throw the whole thing out. You could get a hold of the seller and let them know they sent the wrong thing (that is, if it’s advertised as a branching)
Yea I had bjd already before and was doing good until that happened decided to just get rid of it didn’t want to risk it. On the website it was listed as a branching but it was only one head so I didn’t want to risk it. They gave me a refund so I’ll just try again with them later.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back