Brown Jelly Disease??

Ime, bjd causative agent, bacteria x is always present. It needs a sick or injured coral with a depressed immune system to attack.
There's no doubt that this bacteria is wayyyy more present in some systems compared to others though. Where some people might just experience tissue recession or polyp bailout, I have to always be looking for BJD. If I notice a coral looks bad and shows skeleton for whatever reason, I have to watch it very closely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new