Brown red stuff

  • Thread starter Thread starter 01xp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

01xp

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2020
Messages
738
Reaction score
428
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey this brown red stuff seems to be grown on my Oregon tort and idea what it is or how to stop it. I was gonna take it out and dip it just on case thanks

20210204_125554.jpg
 
^^ Exactly what it looks like. I had a few where the tips were scraped like that and algae grew on them, I just left it alone most of times and lightly used a turkey baster to keep it generally clean, and eventually the tip outgrew everything. Never once have I tried to break off the rest of the coral unless it was RTN.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new