Brown spot in gsp, sponge?

BlueCollarJoe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
18
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My urchin had the gsp closed up and I noticed this brown circle in the middle. I then noticed one on a rock on the opposite side of the tank. Both rocks are by themselves with a lot of sand in between them. Anything to be concerned about?
a7eea129-fc28-4bed-8412-d3bddb7130cd.jpg
d9fe7eee-7c31-42e2-9104-0bdd5c1ec8cb.jpg
 
Looks like a majano or similar. See if you can get a better zoomed in pic
 
Yes, and possibly pest anemones. I do not have as much experience with majanos as I do aiptasia, so I will let others chime in on eradication.
 
From what I've been reading about majanos, I'm kinda scared lol. I think I could scrape it off with a knife? But I don't know if that would make it spread. Does anyone else have any advice?
 
My lfs confirmed it was majano and they said to pop it off with a knife or inject it with citric acid. Since I don't have any citric here I popped it off with a razor blade. Finger crossed I was able to get it all 🤞🤙
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new