Brown spots after introducing my first coral

So what made my colt coral die within days of introducing it to my tank? Colt corals are soft corals recommended for beginners. In fact if I bring a coral again, it is probably going to be a colt coral.
 
So what made my colt coral die within days of introducing it to my tank? Colt corals are soft corals recommended for beginners. In fact if I bring a coral again, it is probably going to be a colt coral.

Based on the general opinion, it sounds like your salinity was too low.
 
So what made my colt coral die within days of introducing it to my tank? Colt corals are soft corals recommended for beginners. In fact if I bring a coral again, it is probably going to be a colt coral.
Based on the general opinion, it sounds like your salinity was too low.

^ Yep. Low salinity. Keep your tank at 1.025 and your fish and corals will be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new