Brown spots on hammer coral???

I killed my last tank when I failed to do a 25% wc because I didn't read the directions

I have multiple tanks. Always do some quarantine. But I took my quarantine routine to a whole new level after I had a run in with flatworms in my one tank. I read the directions, I knew the where toxic when they died. I syphoned a ton out. Added the exit, and watch my tank melt before my eyes. It took multiple water water changes. But lost more corals then I care to talk about. That tank still has flatworms also. But I put a six line and an arrow crabs into that tank. And it's not a noticeable amount, you really have to be searching to find one... But nothing goes for that tank to another now. Every now and then I think I might use exit to give them their last boot out that system. Then I think what happened, and I figure I'll live with the few that exist.
 
Even though they are hermaphrodites, I believe you still need 2 for sexual reproduction. However you don't need two for the asexual modes of reproduction... budding and fission.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new