Brown spots on Regal Tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter FirstSalt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Like I said mark it isnt uncommon for regals to do this, It may not go away even with good diet, that is just what usually causes those type of issues, alot of people refer to them as freckles they are just that common on regals, so If it were me I would feed different algaes every day or every other day whether it fixes it or not. I wouldnt stick with just red either, change it up regularly. It may go back or it may not, dont sweat it.
 
Mark:

I appologize for taking your thread with seriuos questions and concerns down the rabbit trail it went on today.... I'll try hard to keep this back on track going forward, but it was hard for us to pass on such an easy target.

Brandon
 
I wonder how many tangs in the area have commited suicide that we dont know about to keep from going to susans? surely the word is out through the tang community.
 
No problem Brandon. Susan filled me in on the background stories as we rode to and from the swap. So I was able to laugh along today.

As to my question, I think I have a good plan in place now. I'll make a slight change in feeding and chill out about it.

Thanks everyone for your input!
 
Thats about right, a different tang for every mile marker
 
No problem Brandon. Susan filled me in on the background stories as we rode to and from the swap. So I was able to laugh along today.

As to my question, I think I have a good plan in place now. I'll make a slight change in feeding and chill out about it.

Thanks everyone for your input!

I bet it's the diet... when I get lazy it comes i start feeding algae again it goes away.... Try feeding him it 2-3 times a week for a while and see how it goes.

If you can get them to eat the green its better because it doesnt' flake to pieces as quickly in the tank, but mine have always liked the purple/red much better too.

Brandon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new