Brown stuff in chamber

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have chaeto in a little plastic container in the rear chamber in my NUVO 10. It is under light from about 9PM to 7AM. Just recently I've noticed a brown tint on surfaces, including the plastic container, only in the chamber that the chaeto is in.

Does this chaeto look healthy? It's not brittle or anything. Nice and springy.

What could this brown be from? I have a bunch of sponges back there, but only the middle chamber has a bit of brown to them. Just trying to make sure it's nothing coming from the plastic.
IMG_4503.JPG
IMG_4504.JPG

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your idea of baby fuge!!! Not sure on brown gunk. Chaeto looks fine to me

Super simple. Little plastic container floats in the back, and every night I just bend my gooseneck back there.
IMG_4520.JPG
IMG_4521.JPG

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4859.JPG

What's up with the "clear" parts? Pods are exploding and all over tank. My YWG is loving life and is all over the glass.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back