Brown Tips

  • Thread starter Thread starter reeferdon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reeferdon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2014
Messages
336
Reaction score
59
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What would cause the growth tips on sps to turn brown?
 
I am having issues with PH swing
ALk is 8.4
Cal is low
Mag is low
I will be testing today and will post my results.
My tank is a 120 gallon.
Lighting
1 Kessel AP9X
2 Orphek Blue Plus 36In
The tips just started turning brown.
 
I am having issues with PH swing
ALk is 8.4
Cal is low
Mag is low
I will be testing today and will post my results.
My tank is a 120 gallon.
Lighting
1 Kessel AP9X
2 Orphek Blue Plus 36In
The tips just started turning brown.
Ph swings from night and day are normal. Is this what you mean?
Mag at 1350+ will help stabilize with swinging alk/cal.
 

Attachments

  • 20220713_111007.jpg
    20220713_111007.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 38
Is it Florida or Indo-Pacific liverock?

I ask because I have noticed something similar in my Florida liverock tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new