Browned out acro......

justreefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the efflo but I noticed that you had two alk spike from what I've read. How are you maintaining your Alk? Not being nosey or anything, just curious so I can avoid such a thing from happening.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP

After this issue I had an alk spike which took a few corals as it settled back down. Im setting up a 3 part doser this monday..

oh crap... this got me scared... i actually was messing with my calcium reactor 5 mins before leaving for work.. and yes it was the CO2 that i turned up the bubble rate on... :squigglemouth:

and also sorry to here about the loss..

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely be careful with your reactor settings. The only big issue I have ever had with my tank was when I asked the tech from the LFS to come over and show me how he adjusted things (he had maintained the tank at someone else's house for years). He showed me how to adjust the CO2 in my calcium reactor and accidently adjusted it too high. When I got home that night, my pH had dropped to 7.6 and my fish were gasping for air. Fortunately, I was able to open some nearby windows and get the pH raised quickly. Everything except a hermit crab made it out alright, but it was definitely a scary situation!

CJ

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the efflo but I noticed that you had two alk spike from what I've read. How are you maintaining your Alk? Not being nosey or anything, just curious so I can avoid such a thing from happening.

Dang too bad about the efflo. I've noticed that my tables are the first to go when water chemistry takes a dive.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back