BRS 4 stage RODI 100 GPD problem

ShaneAugust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the 4 stage RODI system for well over a year now. Before I changed the media the TDS was reading 1 in and 0 out. After I changed it out for all 3 stages of new media it now reads 2 in and 2 out. Why is this? I tried flushing out the membrane for 10 minutes with no change. I changed the media out maybe 2 months ago. Resin hasn’t changed color but the 5 micron stage has turned dark yellow. I need help fixing this. Thanks guys

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the 4 stage RODI system for well over a year now. Before I changed the media the TDS was reading 1 in and 0 out. After I changed it out for all 3 stages of new media it now reads 2 in and 2 out. Why is this? I tried flushing out the membrane for 10 minutes with no change. I changed the media out maybe 2 months ago. Resin hasn’t changed color but the 5 micron stage has turned dark yellow. I need help fixing this. Thanks guys

Did you pack the DI yourself or is it a prepacked cartridge?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 into the prefilter?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I packed it myself and did what Ryan from BRS said and tried packing it tightly.

If you packed it yourself it may not be properly packed, and your getting bypass. Also are you sure the canister isn't damaged leading to bypass? Installed in the correct orientation?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 48 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back