BRS dosing pump question

  • Thread starter Thread starter WindeyD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WindeyD

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
473
Reaction score
120
Location
GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am calibrating my BRS dosing pumps as per the instructions and both are consistently dosing 2ml per minute. BRS states that these pumps dose at a rate of 1.1ml per minute. Anyone out there seeing similar results with their BRS doses? I know it's not a big deal as long as they are consistently dosing the same amount but was surprised by my results...thanks for any input!
 
One of mine doeses at 2.05ml and the other at 2.15.

Following along.
 
Yeah it's not hard to compensate with programing.

Just for fun I scaled my dosing all the way up to a single dose and all the way down to numerous 1 second doses....math is fun. Figuring out the programming was entertaining as well.

You'd never want to do 1 second doses though because the apex itself may have processor delays depending on what else it's doing that would make it unreliable.

10 second intervals is about the min you'd want with this combo. Per BRS, short intervals do not shorten pump life although I solved the precipitation issue with a $20 hydro installed in the sump where the drip goes in. I run my alk in 1 min intervals but run my ca in 5 minute intervals just because calcium doesn't seem to have precipitation issues and I still figure it's better on the pump not to cycle so much.

FWIW I don't think re-measuring will be necesary if you test regularly you'll already be compensating the programming for tank demands and any drift in flow rate will automatically be compensated for.
 
i just calibrated mine I got for Christmas and they both dose @ 1.8ml per minute. I called BRS and no way to calibrate.
 
Yeah you just modify the time the pump runs.

1.8ml/minute = 9 mil in 5 min or 18 ml in 10 minute or 36ml in 20 min or even .09ml in 30 seconds or 0.45mil in 15 seconds or .225ml in 7.5 seconds or .1125ml in 3.75 seconds ....after that it starts getting hard to do in my head but you get the point....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new