Brs fish quarantine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sweedish15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I obviously watch most of the brs videos and I know in a few videos in the past they promote a company they buy fish from that does pre quarantine, preventative disease treatment etc.

does anyone know the name of the company or have any first hand experience with them???
Tired of buying fish locally and having issues. I am unable to set up a separate quarantine and would rather purchase fish all set to go.

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its marine collectors, good company but I doubt they would ship to Sweden, är du svensk?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I obviously watch most of the brs videos and I know in a few videos in the past they promote a company they buy fish from that does pre quarantine, preventative disease treatment etc.

does anyone know the name of the company or have any first hand experience with them???
Tired of buying fish locally and having issues. I am unable to set up a separate quarantine and would rather purchase fish all set to go.

We get a vast majority of the fish for our video tanks from Marine Collectors. Elliot has a ton of great options, especially if you're looking for a nice show fish or another hard to find fish. You'll pay more, but we look at the extra cost for QT as if we were paying for any other good or service.

marinecollectors.com

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get a vast majority of the fish for our video tanks from Marine Collectors. Elliot has a ton of great options, especially if you're looking for a nice show fish or another hard to find fish. You'll pay more, but we look at the extra cost for QT as if we were paying for any other good or service.

marinecollectors.com
@Bulk Reef Supply

Speaking of your quarantine procedure, Furan-2 is no longer in existence. Is Seachem Polyguard an acceptable substitute in the protocol, or is it better to get pure nitrofurazone? I ask because Polyguard is much cheaper.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply

Speaking of your quarantine procedure, Furan-2 is no longer in existence. Is Seachem Polyguard an acceptable substitute in the protocol, or is it better to get pure nitrofurazone? I ask because Polyguard is much cheaper.

We have gone the route of using pure nitrofurazone, most of us around here have found it on Amazon at a decent cost when you factor in that your are using 200mg per 10 gallons it's not too expensive. 25 grams runs about $30, and should be able to treat 2500 gallons of water.

Back