BRS Media Cartridge Sponge?

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All...
What do you use for the BRS media container sponges? The BRS coarse replacement sponges to me are over priced. Currently I’m using one cartridge for carbon. I’m a fan of BRS , but these replacement sponges are pretty expensive to me. What do you guys/gals use or just suck it up and pay the price???:rolleyes:

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look at it, thanks! Nice to have choices, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks those pads are $$$$. Not the end of the world, but!

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked out chemipure green. Not what I'm looking for at all, I have the media, just looking for an alternative sponge tp hold the media in place. I do appreciate your input.

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bblumberg, thanks I've never run into this vendor! Lots of choices and information my friend. I'll definitely investigate their sponges...
Take Care.....;Happy

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bblumyberg, do you use any of these filter materials in your sump? I'm getting a LifeReef sump tomorrow (Christmas came earlier than I thought), and will be looking for a sheet foam in the sump.
Thanks for any input...

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the black 10 ppi coarse filter (2" thick) in the Lifereef sump in my 75g corner tank. I just cleaned it yesterday and there was a LOT of accumulated stuff in there!

I also used the filters in the sump of my discus tank for quite a while. The filters worked very well, but cleaning was not fun so I took them out and went back to mesh filter socks.

Another good think about this company is that he will cut the filters to size for free. That is very convenient.

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the information. Do you still use the foam pad in the LifeReef Sump? I wasn't scheduled to receive my LifeReef sump until Mid-December. Jeff e-mailed me a week or so back and asked if he could make it now. Guess a few people might be backing out of a few builds.
Good to know about the custom cutting!
Thanks...

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the coarse filter in the lifereef sump is still there. I use one large flat piece with 2 half pieces on top of it to make a chamber for my probes and to reduce the sound of splashing as the water enters this chamber. Great news about the LifeReef sump! Enjoy.

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) Glad I stopped by and asked! bblumberg You've helped me immensely! If I have any questions about my LifeReef sump I know who to ask besides Jeff that is,,,,
Take care

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back