BRS pre-portioned 2 part mix

newlyreefd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS 2 part pre-portioned kit. Comes with 1 gal pouch of Calcium Chloride, 1 gal pouch of Soda Ash, and 20oz pouch of Magnesium mix. I know the 2 gallon pouches, you would use a gallon of RO/DI water to mix. Would you use 20oz of RO/DI water for the magnesium mix? No instructions with this thing.

OP
OP
newlyreefd

newlyreefd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
goto brs website and watch the videos they will tell you everything you need to know
For the pre-portioned mix they do not. They only talk about their bulk stuff. I just wanted to know, how much water did I need to mix the 20oz magnesium mix. Nothing on the site about that.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the same thing today and was going to go to their website but I guess I won't bother. I assume the mag gets mixed w 20 oz of water. I am amused at the "two part" kit having three parts, apparently.

OP
OP
newlyreefd

newlyreefd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the same thing today and was going to go to their website but I guess I won't bother. I assume the mag gets mixed w 20 oz of water. I am amused at the "two part" kit having three parts, apparently.
For some reason, looking at all that mag mix and just 20oz of water, just seems to be not enough. Might make a paste with that little water. I think.

badfinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix it in a 20oz water bottle... so dont use 20oz water use enough water to make 20oz mixture. Their gallon you use around 8 cups total of mag salts. So yes its alot of salt

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back