BRS Pricing

  • Thread starter Thread starter afrokobe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2021
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
2,288
Location
Dallas
I am doing a new build and I have placed a few orders with BRS. I am not super happy with their pricing... I feel like BRS pricing is slightly higher than all other places on pretty much everything. Its just tough for me to not shop sometimes just due to the convenience, but I feel a bit slighted when I go to search the prices on things and consistently everything is more expensive (not by a lot). I also don't have the time to get customer service to price check everything. Even with the routine sales, BRS prices are still higher. Here are a few examples:

Eheim Jager from BRS
1679943679664.png

From Amazon (not sure why the price on the 25 watt is so high)
1679943028319.png



I was trying to buy a return jet for my new build
1679943124390.png

from Premium Aquatics and Marineandreef
1679943186515.png
\
1679943203155.png


Also some consumables are considerably more expensive. Food grade citric acid is considerably cheaper, colored sch40 pvc pipe from home depot, RODI filters, etc... Anyway this is not a complaint or an attack. Just my own thoughts and opinions while doing my new build... but it has definitely turned me off of BRS recently. I used to go and fill up the shopping cart. Now I am googling prices for everything I am purchasing even during a sale as I can't trust their prices.
 
well I posted this in the reef discussion forums as I wanted to create a discussion rather than give feedback....
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new