BRS reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter joe0813
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joe0813

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
755
Reaction score
487
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the smaller BRS reactor for carbon and GFO. I haven't ran GFO in it in a long time. When you put in the GFO into the canister do you use the sponge on top? I know carbon you do but no sure about the GFO since you want it to tumble.
 
I would probably stick with using the sponge-- and achieve the degree of 'tumbling ' needed by adjusting the amount of media used (i.e., not packed too tightly).
 
re-visting this since I still cant get my GFO to tumble in this thing. I tried a less GFO and it just floats right up to the sponge anyways. Ive tried changing the flow through the reactor, slower, faster still same outcome. The whole clump just floats right up to the sponge within a week. I had no issues with my Two little fish reactor but I sold it when we moved.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new