BRS security breach

Saltlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, they sent me a notification in the mail today.

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep.
I had to change my bank card 3 times in the last 8 months. I knew it was one of my suppliers, but was not sure which one until I too got this letter today. What did I learn from this latest fiasco of pathetic internet security with our personal information?
I only use pay as you go mastercards now that you can get at Walmart. These are not tied to any personal info and I only load on them what I need for my purchases.
Too often our personal information is poorly protected by these larger companies and what do they offer us in return? A free subscription to yet another company that we can share our personal info with that is supposed to better protect us...great, thanks.

OP
OP
N

nanodoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
might buy those cards too, Dzones. I use Kaspersky and sometimes if I
click on a sponsor in a thread, the http bar turns red, or pink. I immediately close the
site. If Pentagon and Sony and JP Morgan can get hacked, there is little hope for us reefers, maybe you should start bartering, Dzones!LOL

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
might buy those cards too, Dzones. I use Kaspersky and sometimes if I
click on a sponsor in a thread, the http bar turns red, or pink. I immediately close the
site. If Pentagon and Sony and JP Morgan can get hacked, there is little hope for us reefers, maybe you should start bartering, Dzones!LOL

I wonder if there is anyone willing to trade corals for chickens and goats nowadays? :p

OP
OP
N

nanodoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, it happened. I just got a call from my creditcard company . Did anybody take BRS offer to use the ProtectmyID ?
Those free offers usually do not end up free, and to cancel it takes an act of congress.
I would love to rant and rave but don't want to be thrown out of R2R, that would just rub salt in the wound!

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, it happened. I just got a call from my creditcard company . Did anybody take BRS offer to use the ProtectmyID ?
Those free offers usually do not end up free, and to cancel it takes an act of congress.
I would love to rant and rave but don't want to be thrown out of R2R, that would just rub salt in the wound!

Well that really bites nanodoc. I have no faith or trust in the online companies anymore so all my activity there is now via the re-loadable cards. I certainly will not be sharing my info with the protection places either. With so many companies spending lots of money to generate fake review sites and paying people to make up great reviews of their company it is just too hard to know who to trust anymore.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back