BRS WWC - 4 months before coral

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JoeyDiesel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the BRS WWC videos, Josh mentions he would ideally wait 4 months before adding corals.
Was he refering to 4 months of only live rock in the system or everything but coral so fish and inverts too?
Im setting up my second reef tank and im happy to take it slow but not sure what stage to get it to before the 4 month wait.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, wait and wait. Put fish in first. Then wait. I tried to rush things. It cost me dearly.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the BRS WWC videos, Josh mentions he would ideally wait 4 months before adding corals.
Was he refering to 4 months of only live rock in the system or everything but coral so fish and inverts too?
Im setting up my second reef tank and im happy to take it slow but not sure what stage to get it to before the 4 month wait.

Ideally we recommend nothing in the tank for the first four months. Stay tuned for the next BRS/WWC video where Josh will cover this in more detail.

OP
OP
JoeyDiesel

JoeyDiesel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks WWC, I'll wait for the next video and leave the rocks to cure a little long!

IMG_20181111_192355.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back