• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BRS, ya'll might need some packing training... lol

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mother in law sent us a chandelier with glass globes in a box with out any dunnage, bubble wrap or care. I think she thought that the usps would carry it over by hand?

BRS has responded nicely so hopefully this will not happen again? They have always done a great job of packing up my stuff in the past so I was surprised to be reminded of my mother in law by this thread. Made God have mercy on her and BRS.
Drunk Fried Chicken GIF by Ethan Barnowsky
A horse wearing a helmet on a Segway, navigating through a storm of flying turkey legs and whiskey bottles! ....im sorry I don't see how that relates to this shipping matter or your postal service trusting mother in law, now lets see that chandelier!!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I too have experienced this but No damage but agree- they need "101" on packing and placing items in appropriate size boxes. Ive received two bulkheads in a 12" X 12" box

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be kind to BRS (or any other business). The good companies will take care of the issues. Have you seen what shows up to apply for general labor positions the last couple of years? We are doomed as a society for sure
taking this a lil further sideways, TBH all my yrs in the shipping/packing biz, many positions could and should be filled with the handicapped; at least they take pride…
Hope BRS and whomever at least slots a few in….

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A horse wearing a helmet on a Segway, navigating through a storm of flying turkey legs and whiskey bottles! ....im sorry I don't see how that relates to this shipping matter or your postal service trusting mother in law, now lets see that chandelier!!!!
The fixture and broken glass went directly into the dumpster. We didn't need a new light, my MIL was looney. The image is art meant to depict the chaos of risk that occurs when one puts a package in the mail. Turkeys and whiskey consumption are constantly creating the potential for a new damage claim while the package is in transit. Damage should be expected unless caution is taken to avoid injuries. We all ride that same horse everytime we venture out on the roads, so be careful and minimize risks when you can.

Ty Thank You GIF
This one should be simpler so no necessary text to decipher the meaning for folks?

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That bubble wrap made all the difference . :face-with-rolling-eyes:
Air pillows. Bubble wrap would have done a lot more to protect the items. BRS used to use biodegradable packing peanuts which worked really well to protect products in shipping. Guess that was too expensive for the investors though. Around the buyout they switched to air pillows and subpar packaging for cost savings. Air pillows suck and do next to nothing to protect items in the box.

Redemptioner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply

I waited for your 25% sale to load up on a bunch of stuff I needed. However, man what a mess. That Calcium Chloride in the picture, I found in my driveway, along with a 1/2 inch bulkhead. Now, I know the fact that someone using my overweight box as a football isn't your fault. However, what a mess. Can you not tape the entire box shut? I mean, I ordered a total of 71 items and everything was just dumped in the box. So a 1/2 fitting is tossed in this box, loose. You don't tape the entire box shut. Do you really think that UPS/USPS/Fedex is going to treat this like a cheesecake? (Yes, I am hungry...). I am also guessing you ran out of room as you only put half the mixing jugs I ordered in this box and there was clearly almost no room left (well, maybe a bit where it was crushed...) Even Amazon is better than this. Well, you may not have packing skills, at least you have the ability to crush items well :) Off to go inventory this mess now.

IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg
Lol just send it back to them and tell them to try again, why bother dealing with the mess....

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
taking this a lil further sideways, TBH all my yrs in the shipping/packing biz, many positions could and should be filled with the handicapped; at least they take pride…
Hope BRS and whomever at least slots a few in….
Absolutely agree. The grocery store down the street from my office has a few special needs employees, they are always smiling and happy to be there. Too bad most of the rest of society can't have an outlook like that on life!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply

I waited for your 25% sale to load up on a bunch of stuff I needed. However, man what a mess. That Calcium Chloride in the picture, I found in my driveway, along with a 1/2 inch bulkhead. Now, I know the fact that someone using my overweight box as a football isn't your fault. However, what a mess. Can you not tape the entire box shut? I mean, I ordered a total of 71 items and everything was just dumped in the box. So a 1/2 fitting is tossed in this box, loose. You don't tape the entire box shut. Do you really think that UPS/USPS/Fedex is going to treat this like a cheesecake? (Yes, I am hungry...). I am also guessing you ran out of room as you only put half the mixing jugs I ordered in this box and there was clearly almost no room left (well, maybe a bit where it was crushed...) Even Amazon is better than this. Well, you may not have packing skills, at least you have the ability to crush items well :) Off to go inventory this mess now.

IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg
Ordered sand and reef cement and they threw the reef cement can in with the sand… broke the cement everywhere and I had a huge mess to clean up and got like half the product and no lid as it was shattered… good thing my innovative marine nano tank was just fine though!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back