BRStv Investigates, 1 Day, 2 Day, 3 Day, Transfer Methods?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Alexpora Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRStv Investigates Challenge!

What I want to see is an experiment where 3 or more fish sick with Amyloodinium (Velvet) are passed through 3 transfer methods, 1 Day, 2 Day and then a 3 Day, to see which works the best.

Here's my updated post on the method

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard part is that fish sick with velvet don't normally last very long and getting a fish intentionally sick isn't exactly the most ethical practice. Normal TTM won't touch velvet, so I assume you're talking about the TTM that Humble.fish uses for ich & velvet. If the fish is actively infected, you're much better off treating the fish. In most cases, the fish will be dead before the first transfer even happens due to the amount of time that passes.

OP
OP
Alexpora Corals

Alexpora Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful not to make assumptions.

Getting fish sick is standard scientific practice. It will save the lives of billions of fish.

This is the point. No one, to my knowledge, has ever tested and publicly documented the stanadard 3 Day Transfer Method against Amyloodinium (Velvet). If they have please show me where.

That's not 100% accurate. There's window of time to cure a fish here from the moment you have observable symptoms, to the point that they are too far gone. Look it's not easy but that's part of the experiment to see how effective it is or isn't and to work out the details.

Clearly it's a challenge. I'll do it myself eventually, if Humble.Fish or no one else does.

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humble fish does do it. He has his own forum where you can read his trials. He taste h2o2 copper and many transfer. For BRS this isn't what they focus on. Brs is equipment. They aren't a fish distribution center. Find humblefish forum and ask him as he is a fish health advocate

OP
OP
Alexpora Corals

Alexpora Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, yes I'm in Humble.Fish's forum too. To my knowledge he says that the 1 Day Transfer Method has been tested but I haven't seen the actual experiments. So yes, I've asked them to do a 3 test comparison of the 1 Day verses 2 Day, verses 3 Day.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%

Back