OP
OP
C

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not toss a pump in there, connect it to a python or similar hose, then use a remote control for the outlet ??
could use the same setup to pump water out of the tank too.

be easier than fighting a can in and out ??

That's an option, but i worry about the brutes tipping when almost empty somehow in garage, equipment getting dislodged off the sink or off the brute shooting water everywhere, or just water dripping on the 50 foot tube from tank to sink. I guess its just ease of mind to roll a brute with 5-10gal of water to my tank and then roll it back. Less things can go wrong i suppose and still no lifting.

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would they tip??
The hose won't drip or leak.
The pump only runs when commanded with the remote control. Unplug when not changing water. Use a clip for the hose in the drain and on the lip of the sump for holding the hose Monitor and you can stop with a push of a button. Much easier than wheeling a trashcan I would think. Do what makes you comfortable though just tossing a simple idea out there.

Have used this method for over 10 years, never an issue.

OP
OP
C

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would they tip??
The hose won't drip or leak.
The pump only runs when commanded with the remote control. Unplug when not changing water. Use a clip for the hose in the drain and on the lip of the sump for holding the hose Monitor and you can stop with a push of a button. Much easier than wheeling a trashcan I would think. Do what makes you comfortable though just tossing a simple idea out there.

Have used this method for over 10 years, never an issue.

I will give this a shot. Thank you for the suggestion. Always welcome :)

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The remote is key! And keep an eye on things.
I have a single channel remote, plugs into the outlet. Careful with it on your pocket it might be easy to push buttons.
Enjoy !

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Calpoly2103 could you post a picture of the doorway?
Would something like a piece of larger diameter pvc pipe cut in half work?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The one you submitted looks good. Possibly same but out of heavy sheet metal? A fabricator can make out of scrap and do the bend cheaply
I just 2 brutes yesterday and will have mine on wheels

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure someone has had this problem. I am planning on using Brute trashcans to transport water from my garage to my tank through the sliding glass back door.

I'm looking for a ramp to make things easier and not mess up the bottom of the sliding glass door. Has anyone been able to find a legit ramp that works well for them?

There are so many options but I simply need something like this but can't find it anywhere.

upload_2019-4-1_14-55-0.png

Thanks all
Why not just lift it? lol

2xmfzj.jpg

OP
OP
C

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to experiment a few different ways. With ramp, and with just a hose going to brute outside. I actually got a piece of wood and a few small parts to build a small ramp. I realized I'll never really be moving more than 15 gallons of water in the Brutes (40 Gallon tank), so I don't need it to hold crazy amount of weight. Hopefully I will build it tonight. Will show you guys a picture later of it in the doorway. Pretty simple really, hope it works and will only cost like $20 bucks !

@SandJ I actually considered that, but it don't have ways of cutting those pipes or at those angles lol.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back