OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous build! Love the behind the scenes you’re giving you have some well thought out things. Gives me ideas for my dream tank later in life for sure!
Thank you, very much.
Some of that is still in a Work in progress, much like myself :)

I am looking for a smaller foot-print reservoir for water change water instead of that tub. Looking into setting up a QT tank, I have a 75g sitting in that room. I plan to show that here also. And eventually a Frag Tank once my display starts producing enough to actually need a frag tank.

I'm also still looking into other light options, being a bit of an electronics geek, I like researching the different products and how well they measure up.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a pet food container I bought at Tractor Supply. Hope the link is allowed.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/gamma2-vittle-vaults-stackable-60-lb-4360?cm_vc=-10005
Yeah it looks like it might be the form factor I need to fit it under my tank as an ATO, but it's labelled in lbs for some reason but it looks like the 20x14x14 version would fit and holds about 13 gallons. Since I moved I no longer have a dedicated fish room, and I miss it dearly. You're going to like having that space. A couple of giant stacked water containers could replace your tub - or even a couple of large brute cans. I use one on wheels to mix but I also have to roll it across the house to do a waterchange.

OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
may22.jpg

OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple months of research, talking (Emails) with Customer Reps I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Lights. This has been a n adventure, at first I had my heart set on the Orphek Atlantik Icon light. Honestly it seemed to be the best value for the money I wanted to spend. Then I saw some Neptune Sky lights in use and fell in love with the color pop, but like with Radion the price was just way to much for what I thought I should spend. I started reading everything Dana Riddle had posted about lights and I came across Dana's Build Thread, that is where I first learned about the Reefi-Labs lights. (FYI Dana is using Neptune Sky, and Reefi-Labs lights on personal aquariums) And since Dana is THE LIGHT GURU I started really looking at the Reefi-Labs light. I am impressed, not only with spec and spectrum charts and the price (Especially the price) but the personal reviews given by people on these forums. Also had a very good interaction with Daniel Lu at Reefi-Labs, he was very helpful in the emails and best of all, he did not try and UP SELL me on lights like everyone else I talked with. I guess in about a week I will find out, Lights are due to arrive next Thursday afternoon, 3 of them, Reefi-Labs Uno 2.0. Here is a link if you want to check them out.

OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Lights. I hope to get some good pictures in the next few days of how they light everything up work permitting, may have to wait till this weekend. I got the lights installed about 8pm last night, they came via UPS about 6pm, had to swap Reflectors, that was super easy. Wifi app is also very user friendly and easy to navigate. I am really excited to see them in action, so much I almost want to call in sick today just so I can watch the light cycle, lol.

20230613_174727.jpg
This tank pic is during start up and programming of the lights, wrong color profile and everything and still had lights to close to water.

June13.jpg

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple months of research, talking (Emails) with Customer Reps I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Lights. This has been a n adventure, at first I had my heart set on the Orphek Atlantik Icon light. Honestly it seemed to be the best value for the money I wanted to spend. Then I saw some Neptune Sky lights in use and fell in love with the color pop, but like with Radion the price was just way to much for what I thought I should spend. I started reading everything Dana Riddle had posted about lights and I came across Dana's Build Thread, that is where I first learned about the Reefi-Labs lights. (FYI Dana is using Neptune Sky, and Reefi-Labs lights on personal aquariums) And since Dana is THE LIGHT GURU I started really looking at the Reefi-Labs light. I am impressed, not only with spec and spectrum charts and the price (Especially the price) but the personal reviews given by people on these forums. Also had a very good interaction with Daniel Lu at Reefi-Labs, he was very helpful in the emails and best of all, he did not try and UP SELL me on lights like everyone else I talked with. I guess in about a week I will find out, Lights are due to arrive next Thursday afternoon, 3 of them, Reefi-Labs Uno 2.0. Here is a link if you want to check them out.

mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monster of a tank! Would like to hear about the fish you have?
Current Stock;
Hippo Tang
Naso Vlimingii Tang
Naso Literalus Tang
Lt Tang
Goldrim Tang
Sailfin Tang
2 spot Kole Tang (Blue eyed bristle)
Diamond Watchman Goby
Gold head Goby
6 line wrasse
Cleaner wrasse
Possum Wrasse
Royal gramma
Pygmy Cherub Angel
Neon Dottyback
Blue Manderin
Pair of Ocellarus Clown's

Not really fish, but since I am listing livestock;
Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp x3
Emerald Crab x2
Porcelian crab hosting in the Rainbow Nem. Poor Rose Bubbletip Nem is unloved so far.
Approx 340 various types of snails mostly dwarf cerith though, with a mix of Astrea, Nerite, Nerith, Bumblebee and Trochus.

Video from this morning.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back