OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a minute. Right after last post my computer died. Then I got unusually busy for this time of the year and just recently got around to fixing it. Been working thru a Phos issue, dosing with phos-e seems to be working now that I am dosing directly into the skimmer itself. Found asterina starfish so I got a Harlequin Shrimp. He seems really happy. Then saw aptasia so I got ahold of some bergia nudibranchs, they went right to work but I am not sure if 3 of those in my tank will be enough. Plan on giving it 6 to 8 weeks to see.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow not sure how I missed your build thread. Nice job it all looks great.

I am really loving my Reefi on my tank. Currently I am ramping up to 124w from 104 seems as it goes up in wattage the spread gets more even across the plane I am measuring. I used to have a hot spot directly under the light now its has evened out, ie the hot spot has gotten bigger and is less hot...lol. I am using the 120 lenses. What do you have yours set to and what lens? Have you noticed anything like what I am seeing?

OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow not sure how I missed your build thread. Nice job it all looks great.

I am really loving my Reefi on my tank. Currently I am ramping up to 124w from 104 seems as it goes up in wattage the spread gets more even across the plane I am measuring. I used to have a hot spot directly under the light now its has evened out, ie the hot spot has gotten bigger and is less hot...lol. I am using the 120 lenses. What do you have yours set to and what lens? Have you noticed anything like what I am seeing?
I am using 90 degree reflectors on my Uno 2.0's. Mounted 12 inches above water line. I just re-built my light profile because the highest shelf in my tank, where I am putting a few acro's was only getting about 170par, and I want closer to 220. So this screenie of my light profile is under Acclimate at 92.2% for 7 days left.. Goin to take PAR Readings tomorrow during peak to gauge my progress. But yes it does seem that the more wattage I apply the more even the light spread and less hot spots I am seeing.

1712434330154.png

New 90 degree Reflectors are available for the lights end of this month. I haven't pre-ordered mine yet, but probably will maybe next week. Think it's only a $20 fee per reflector. These will reduce any hot spots even more with a better blending of light as well. Honestly I can see myself adding 1 or 2 more of these lights in the future. I have a 22 inch wide 1/2 inch thick glass center brace on my tank, I'm thinking I need at least1 more in the exact center of the tank for that.

Once I get my par closer to where I want it to be I'll start increasing the Lime Channel until I think it looks right.

OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thumbing back thru my build thread and found this gem. Love how naive I was about how much coral I wanted. Some of you could have called me out on that!! Either that or I greatly underestimated how many things I would just have to have!

1712435887627.png

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using 90 degree reflectors on my Uno 2.0's. Mounted 12 inches above water line. I just re-built my light profile because the highest shelf in my tank, where I am putting a few acro's was only getting about 170par, and I want closer to 220. So this screenie of my light profile is under Acclimate at 92.2% for 7 days left.. Goin to take PAR Readings tomorrow during peak to gauge my progress. But yes it does seem that the more wattage I apply the more even the light spread and less hot spots I am seeing.

1712434330154.png

New 90 degree Reflectors are available for the lights end of this month. I haven't pre-ordered mine yet, but probably will maybe next week. Think it's only a $20 fee per reflector. These will reduce any hot spots even more with a better blending of light as well. Honestly I can see myself adding 1 or 2 more of these lights in the future. I have a 22 inch wide 1/2 inch thick glass center brace on my tank, I'm thinking I need at least1 more in the exact center of the tank for that.

Once I get my par closer to where I want it to be I'll start increasing the Lime Channel until I think it looks right.
Awesome Thanks for the reply!
So I'm thumbing back thru my build thread and found this gem. Love how naive I was about how much coral I wanted. Some of you could have called me out on that!! Either that or I greatly underestimated how many things I would just have to have!

1712435887627.png
I hear you on this. My tank got pretty full in the last couple months. Getting ready to set up another tank tied into this one thinking clams and acros, 2 more Reefi.

OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed up my light profile to Daniel's UNO New Fav settings, so far I really like how much brighter the tank looks with more of the Cool, Warm and Amber channels mixed in. I kept the overall wattage close to the same as I had before and when tested my PAR levels increased slightly with a bit less wattage.

apr2824.jpg

1714323813749.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back