Bryopsis or GHA?

Paul24

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
71
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a sample and put it under a microscope to see if it was diatoms. Definitely not diatoms. I used live rock and live sand, and it's cycled. If it's bryopsis I want to nip it in the butt ASAP.
20260518_013300.jpg
20260518_012600.jpg
20260518_012547.jpg
 
That looks more like a Turf Algae, Byropsis looks like a fern.
Sorry I have no idea clue regarding the magnified images.
 
That looks more like a Turf Algae, Byropsis looks like a fern.
Sorry I have no idea clue regarding the magnified images.

Looks like I have some GHA, turf, and possible bryopsis. I'm told this is a normal ugly phase when using live sand, live maricultured and live aquacultured rock. I dosed a little phos a week ago to keep it balanced with nitrates. Stopped now of course. Do you think this is normal? Any idea if the algae in the vid is more than ugly phase?

Tank is 3 weeks old but the rock was cured/cycled for 3 week before it was put into tank. Lights only on for 2 weeks.

Using popbloom rl60 with 10% white peak, 100% blue/uv, 0% red/green/yellow. 2 hour ramp up and down. 8 hour peak. 12 hours total.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new