Bryopsis

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has is and what are you doing about it

I myself have chosen to go with the learn to live with route see latest in my build thread

Just looking to see what others have done I have tryed alot but wanted to see what has and has not worked

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What is your phosphate level and are you using RODI water or tap water from the faucet ?

Lower white light intensity and pull as much as you can.
If not diminishing, liquid vibrant or flux will work
Look at water first

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My simple solution: emerald crab. Thats all i did. I went and bought one, added him to the tank right into a patch of bryopsis, 3 days later there was no hair algae or bryopsis in the tnak. I have a 20g, so if you have a bigger one i would get more.

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on any fluconazole product, takes about a week and it'll shrivel up and die. I also had good luck with dwarf blue hermit crabs from reef cleaners. Absolutely devoured it when I had it growing on the base of a rock in the sand bed.

EDIT: You probably need to start testing PO4 and Nitrate, I had to get those down to tolerable range before I stopped seeing it.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna say it again: Emerald crabs dude. It legit works. Try and get a (or some) males, they are usually more voracious eaters.

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My simple solution: emerald crab. Thats all i did. I went and bought one, added him to the tank right into a patch of bryopsis, 3 days later there was no hair algae or bryopsis in the tnak. I have a 20g, so if you have a bigger one i would get more.

I also went the emerald crab route. I have a 40g sump that gets covered in bryopsis. Luckily nothing in the display tank. I have been resigned to pulling it once a month during water changes but thought I could make things easier with an emerald crab. Unfortunately he does not appear to have made a dent at all in the last month. I will try to add a couple more and see if that helps. Glad you had better luck than me.

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have any positive or negative experience with this just trying to get everyone in one place for others who stumble upon the fourm

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone for contributing to this thread I hipe others will find it usefull I was not askung for help for myself as I already know how to handle it I was hoping to have a good place for info to share a link anytime anyone asks about bryopsis thank you again for all the controbutions

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back