What should i do with my coral/nem

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days ago i bought this nem and it has chosen to settle in my tank right next to my Kenya tree coral which was my first coral in the tank. I don’t want it to sting the coral but it has been there so long now it has grown onto the rock. Any past experience/ help would be great. You can see the photos of what is going on below as you can see it hasn’t started to be stung yet but is really close.

IMG_9819.jpeg IMG_9818.jpeg

OP
OP
wasabi bean

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to move the rock the Kenya is attached to? That would be the easiest way.
I tried that but then the anemone just extended further. Do you think i would be able to pull the kenya tree off the rock if i needed to?? Or would that cause it a lot of damage.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that but then the anemone just extended further. Do you think i would be able to pull the kenya tree off the rock if i needed to?? Or would that cause it a lot of damage.
I would not recommend that. But others probably know better than myself. Why can't you just move that rock completely away? Is there no room to rearrange a bit?

OP
OP
wasabi bean

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend that. But others probably know better than myself. Why can't you just move that rock completely away? Is there no room to rearrange a bit?
Right i have pushed it as far away as possible, the anemone is sulking a bit now but hopefully when it comes back out it wont be touching!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
wasabi bean

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just keep the powerhead pointed toward it. If it doesn't like where it is then it will move.
Update, i have put a power head in front of it for around a day now and the new doesn’t seem to want to move do i just leave it and it will or do i have to change strategy?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 10

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks aggravated for sure. You could get a pretty clean cut on that Kenya it looks like if you wanted to go that route.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back