What is my green bubble tip nem doing

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this nem two days ago and it has moved under this arch with only a few tentacles protruding. I know they can take a while to adjust but i also heard they hide if light is too bright, it is in the middle of the tank currently for positioning probably about 35cm below the light. Any insight would be great. All my coral and fish are looking great (LPS and softies) so don’t think it is a problem with the water.

IMG_9814.jpeg IMG_9813.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
give it time. two days is sometimes not enough for a coral/invert to acclimate to.

how new is the tank? what light? water parameters?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks healthy to me, leave it alone (unless it's going to a powerhead/drain) and it will move where it is most comfortable :)

OP
OP
wasabi bean

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
give it time. two days is sometimes not enough for a coral/invert to acclimate to.

how new is the tank? what light? water parameters?
The tank is coming up to six months, i am running a tmc reef photon but at relatively low power. I have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and around 30ppm nitrates which i know is quite high, any tips on how to keep it down. I recently bought some chaeto to help but it hasn’t really made a difference.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The tank is coming up to six months, i am running a tmc reef photon but at relatively low power. I have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and around 30ppm nitrates which i know is quite high, any tips on how to keep it down. I recently bought some chaeto to help but it hasn’t really made a difference.
if the chaeto isn't taking off, you're likely deficient in iron, phosphate or manganese.

seems the anemone is in a decent environment. give it time and continue monitoring for other signs of stress.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back