BSJ food variety

PRReefNoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What live foods would you recommend for BSJ? He's in a 75 gallon kept around 74 F with a 6-8inch sandbed and two clowns and a firefish as his only tank mates. The tank is almost 4 months old and he's been in there a while. He was eating really well and still has a huge food response as far as chasing but seems like he's spitting most stuff back out now. He seems rather healthy/happy and is not frightened easily, and has been venturing out more as well. I have a ~20 G sump as well as a 25 gallon refugium attached and that's been seeded with 3 jars of ecopods as well as macro algae from algaebarn (I don't constantly have the water running thru the refugium but rather run ~10-25% of the time) so I'm pretty confident the pods are getting pumped in to an extent. Parameters are all fine, at least as far as nitrates, nitrates and ammonia. I'm feeding PE freshwater mysis shrimp, LRS reef frenzy nano, with some plankton mixed in. Is there anything else you'd recommend trying/using? I'd love to offer him live food at least as a treat. I do appreciate the advice in advance! Hope to post here more!

Phil

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh! Lol hell most likely eat whatever you put in there. You. Could try black worms or white worms if you can find a culture.

OP
OP
P

PRReefNoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's really coming into his own! Has within the past few days started venturing out of the burrow at dusk and anytime there is food in the water. He doesn't seem big on the frozen PE shrimp which is what I had suggested to me to fatten him up but loves almost everything in the nano reef blend. I've got 1,000 amphipods and copepods acclimating now so I'm interested in how he treats those. I added 24 glass/ghost shrimp yesterday and he actually had a go at a couple and ate one! I've got 1000 live brine shrimp coming also so we will see what him and his tankmates like! I think it just took him a while to settle in! I appreciate the worm ideas! I will look into them!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 30 20.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back