BT Anemones

Clowns4Life

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2020
Messages
48
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the best way to get bubble tip anemones off live rock? I'm trying to give some to a friend of mine but don't have a spare tank to let the anemones walk off. I read something online about using ice. Any tips?
IMG-7703.jpg
 
I tried ice and it never worked for me. I hang the rock over a bucket so the nem has to stretch for the water, then I gently keep spraying its foot with a syringe. It has taken hours on the stubborn ones.
 
I tried ice and it never worked for me. I hang the rock over a bucket so the nem has to stretch for the water, then I gently keep spraying its foot with a syringe. It has taken hours on the stubborn ones.
Wow okay thx. How long can the nem be out of water? And I'm assuming you're using saltwater with the syringe?
 
I have had some out of the water up to 3 hours they will stretch down to the water. I use old ice cube tray and rest the rock on the tray. Any longer than that I give up and place the rock back in the tank so I don't stress them out. Some only takes a few minutes, others longer. Some folks use a chisle and break off the rock but i don't like taking the risk and damaging their foot.

edit...Yes, using some tank water.
 
I have had some out of the water up to 3 hours they will stretch down to the water. I use old ice cube tray and rest the rock on the tray. Any longer than that I give up and place the rock back in the tank so I don't stress them out. Some only takes a few minutes, others longer. Some folks use a chisle and break off the rock but i don't like taking the risk and damaging their foot.

edit...Yes, using some tank water.
Alright thx! will try this in the morning I'll post the results
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new