BT Nem Help

greenmandarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for ideas or suggestions on what could be killing the wife’s BT’s, she has a green and a rose.

The green started first and shrank over the course of a month, the rose has now shriveled up, closed, and the foot is turning brown.

Tank is a 75 gallon with 5 gallon fuge.

Salinity is 1.026
Temp is 78
PH is 8.0
Nitrites are 0
Nitrates typically range 10-20 depending on how we feed.
Ammonia is .25 or less depending on feeding.
Tank is 14 months old

Lights are Red Sea LED 90’s.

Last edited:

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot to go on but first place I would look is lighting, how often are you feeding, are there any other inhabitants that could be stressing it.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you testing ammonia with? There should be little to no detectable amount if you have enough biofiltration.

OP
OP
greenmandarin

greenmandarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot to go on but first place I would look is lighting, how often are you feeding, are there any other inhabitants that could be stressing it.
We feed frozen foods every 2 days, pellets on the off days.

We have clown fish hosting each of them and a porcelain crab on the green. The clown fish started to fight over the rose a couple weeks ago. The clown that originally was hosting the rose was a Clarkii and the other is an Ocellaris. The Clarkii has moved to the opposite end of the tank now and the Ocellaris has been trying to get the rose to open back up.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have clown fish hosting each of them and a porcelain crab on the green. The clown fish started to fight over the rose a couple weeks ago. The clown that originally was hosting the rose was a Clarkii and the other is an Ocellaris. The Clarkii has moved to the opposite end of the tank now and the Ocellaris has been trying to get the rose to open back up.

Sounds like it could be stress. May need to isolate the anemone until it recovers.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An API Saltwater Master Test Kit
Ok so the 25 you mention is .25 so that's inline within the margin of error for that test kit. Like the other person mentioned it could just be stressed out from the clowns fighting over the anemones.

KandAReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for ideas or suggestions on what could be killing the wife’s BT’s, she has a green and a rose.

The green started first and shrank over the course of a month, the rose has now shriveled up, closed, and the foot is turning brown.

Tank is a 75 gallon with 5 gallon fuge.

Salinity is 1.026
Temp is 78
PH is 8.0
Nitrites are 0
Nitrates typically range 10-20 depending on how we feed.
Ammonia is .25 or less depending on feeding.
Tank is 14 months old

Lights are Red Sea LED 90’s.
Sounds like a water issue to me. Maybe have your water tested see how it matches with your tests. Also I know it has been talked about I think on BRS YouTube channel about the red and the green not living well together and normally the green looses out and dies. Sorry not a lot of experience with BTA myself.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Seem like a lot of feeding for a anemone which derives the majority of its needs through photosynthesis.

I never fed this one more than a fews times in 5 years.

It will spit much back into an polute your waters, API can’t read much.

IMG_1665.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back