BTA behaviour

doubleO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello again,

My BTA is acting a little weird and I was wondering if someone with more experience could give their opinions.

I’ve had this particular one for about a month (re homed my RBTA as it got to big for my tank and was worried about the power heads), and it’s moving around a lot and hanging upside down. It deflates more than once a day it seems like and inflates sometimes when the lights aren’t on. When the lights are on it stays like 1/2 inflated. It ate last week but now since it’s upside down I can’t feed it without moving it (don’t know if I should). Colour looks faded a bit as well.

I don’t know if it’s trying to split or what. Looking forward to some reply’s thanks!

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn’t like too much light. Did the same thing. Deflated and went upside down. Once I turned my lights down, it started to open up more and come out more. Ever since I’m not convinced all anemones like a lot of light. Also mine likes moderate water flow. Not too much.

OP
OP
D

doubleO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn’t like too much light. Did the same thing. Deflated and went upside down. Once I turned my lights down, it started to open up more and come out more. Ever since I’m not convinced all anemones like a lot of light. Also mine likes moderate water flow. Not too much.
Thanks for the reply! I did turn my lights down today actually. Did you feed yours when it was upside down or how would you feed it?

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t feed it until it perked up. Their primary mode of energy production is via photosynthesis. They don’t have to be fed. Now that it looks better I give it a small meal once a weak as a treat and to encourage it to multiply.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do nothing.
Nem has ability to move himself to the place he likes, which, is not always where “we” like.
This assumes water chemistry is stable.
When you change light or flow, he may move around.
Feed….once a month….maybe…
2B247403-DAC3-4A4C-8E8D-65DA62706435.jpeg

OP
OP
D

doubleO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do nothing.
Nem has ability to move himself to the place he likes, which, is not always where “we” like.
This assumes water chemistry is stable.
When you change light or flow, he may move around.
Feed….once a month….maybe…
2B247403-DAC3-4A4C-8E8D-65DA62706435.jpeg
Thanks for your reply I will wait it out!

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I never feed my BTAs. As mentioned above they don't like really bright light or high flow and will move to where they're happy even if it means you only see thier back side :/

Big Red 20210819.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back