Bta died now what

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
6,567
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first nem was a green bta. Its probably pushing 2 years old. I knew bta could have chemical warfare but I thought i had good luck after adding a rainbow last October. Over the last month I noticed the greens mouth gaping occasionally but it would shortly close back up. I wrote it off as defecation but came home tonight and it was melting. I used a bulb syringe and sucked as much of it up as I could. I added some carbon. Everything else in the tank looks happy as can be. Is there anything else I need to do?
 
I would do a small water change, or two, just as a safety net to aide with removing or diluting any toxins. The carbon you added will definitely help too.
 
Nah, should be fine. A water change wouldn't hurt.
 
Running some water now. Thank you for the quick reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new