BTA eats jawbreaker Mushroom

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have quite a few jawbreakers in my tank and as we all know, sometimes these guys like to go for a float. I’ve been watching one closely, hoping it would settle in and stay attached. Even thought about just throwing it in the ole shroom box to avoid the present scenario.

So Monday I get home from work and notice this one jawbreaker let go. Since I have BB, I can normally track them quickly and into the shroom box they go. But this one vanished. A decent sized mushroom as well. So of course after staring into the tank at every angle I could manage to tilt my head into to no prevail. I thought to myself, maybe my anemone got its hands on it.

As we all know sometimes things just vanish in this hobby. As for me I can never rest easy without some closure. Last night I gave up on this mushroom and didn’t think I would see it again.

But today, about 30 minutes ago I returned from work. As always I walk over to check the tank, and zoooom a gray blob hits my mp40 :eek:! Sending a melting mushroom dispersing everywhere. It shocked me but the only thing it could be was this mushroom. It seems my bubble tip got his hands on it and after all. trying to digest it over the last 24hrs realized it should spit it up. Pretty crazy site to see and confirmed my theory.

Brings me to a new question now. As mushrooms drop baby’s they leave behind a chunk of their foot. Would this blob possibly make a comeback? Or even be worth keeping in my tank?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it give it a chance. Something that small wont crash the tank if it does die.

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say put it in the box and leave it. I had a massive 3 inch jawbreaker, that had red and green, and one of my shrimp completely devoured it. My shrimp literally ate half of it. It only left the foot with its guts, and a partial portion of the disc. It was my prized mother jaw breaker, so I decided to try and keep it. Six months later, it’s back to 3 inches and thriving.

This was right after it happened, I’ll get a picture of what it looks like now, and will post it up.

68B20FE2-8D1F-4FAA-A1DF-F9E2D790EAB7.jpeg
B298ABB9-2A7D-48DD-8F00-0E2766D0DE6A.jpeg

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is absolutely a horrible picture, but you can see it has greatly improved.

1D1A8414-3844-4DCB-AA28-9F4EB3B29B36.jpeg

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 54 29.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 39 21.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 64 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back