First aptasia help!

Jaybeastin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2021
Messages
649
Reaction score
299
Location
94203
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone !

I found my first aptasia on the sand bed. I figured out it came from the mushroom rock I bought a few weeks ago. The mushroom rock is ISOLATED from my main rock.

I removed the aptasia along with the sand. I also removed the mushroom rock to different tank.

Am I safe from aptasia ? Or it can still spread elsewhere. I have not seen any others yet

IMG_2671.jpeg IMG_2651.jpeg
 
Glad you were able to get that one ,time will tell if there's more...
 
Keep it simple - Using a syringe or pipette, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new