BTA hiding 3 weeks

gobirds4290

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2025
Messages
44
Reaction score
26
Location
South Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi yall, so I bought a green bta exactly three weeks ago. The day I got it, it crawled into a cave in the dark and has yet to move out. I know it’s capable of moving on its own and will only be stressed and could move again if I try to move it myself. I guess I’m concerned that it isn’t getting enough light or it’s taking a long time to adjust to my tank.

Its mouth is closed, its foot is attached, and it has grabbed mysis out of the water column. It doesn’t stretch out into the light, but does ball up quite a bit so that its tentacles aren’t visible.

Is this something I should worry about or should I just let it do its thing?

Parameters:
Temp: 80.2
Sg: 1.026
Alk: 9.3
Cal: 410
Mag: 1350
Nitrate: 1
Phosphate: .01
 
I would not worry. It’s a new tank and it probably does not like the way it feels.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new