Bta hiding

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2020
Messages
52
Reaction score
21
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I introduced two BTAs to my tank 2 days apart. The first one found a spot that it liked on the medium top half of the back of my rock, which I believe it’s happy since hasn’t moved at all since then and looks good. The second one I introduced, moved to under the cave and it’s stretched in an oval like shape. Is it trying to split since it was introduced to a new tank? Or is it adjusting to light? The cave has a little holes that light gets through and hits the anemone but is on the lowest part of my tank, which is concerning me... it’s opened up like normally, asides from being stretched to the sides, but the tips are more stringy than bubbly.
 
Give it time to acclimate, you’ll know when it’s splitting
 
You’ll see the foot very stretched out. A split only takes a few hours to complete
its really hard to see with my light and the fact that is behind the front pannel of a cave structure that I made arranging rocks... The color looks off on the camera with blue light but looks like a pretty solid green in person. But with wave flowing I can see the tentancles moving and exposing parts with no tentacles in between... Idk of it split or its weirdly attached to the rock lol.
circles are the where I kinda see anemones/tentacle circles

4392757E-85C0-454E-8C07-D071BD63F666.jpeg C1EF4BFB-3152-497A-80A0-0627869A3FF5.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new