BTA ID please

PacsAdmin77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2018
Messages
227
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I just picked this up from the LFS. It was sold to me as a black widow BTA. But I can’t really ID it. I can’t tell if it’s a RBT, black widow BTA, or something else altogether. Can someone please positively identify this BTA?

05E54679-CE8F-43DA-B001-66A70FF07D63.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5958.MOV
    11.7 MB
it looks like an ordinary RBTA under this light. But again I've seen people labeling anemone "black widow" with all different color morphs I don't even know what the definition of "black widow" is anymore.
 
i think rbt,possible slightly bleached ,although i do see the lines in center ,meaning if colors up deeper poss b widow??keep us posted :)
 
Hi! Black widow is red tips with black oral plate and white striping near the mouth. No white stripes on your guy so I’d say it’s a rose or a Sherman rose. White may develop over time though if nem was stressed though
 
I hate to say it, but got any bluer pics? The color and webbing will be much more pronounced in a higher kelvin lighting.
+1, "bluer" pictures may bring out the "black widow" within this thing
 
Took some additional videos/pics under 23K / 20K blue (Red Sea LED90). Hope they help with the ID’ing. DC7401FD-BA75-44D0-A9EF-1F0875F0C436.jpeg 3690640E-0208-4B60-9518-84AE33C33DCB.jpeg DDA25B80-1ECA-40D3-9E9C-B47C11FB02AF.jpeg EBA6D491-97C4-4D4E-ACA6-AD58A2B8304A.jpeg 49B20993-E85B-451A-8D48-24C82868FEB7.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5961.MOV
    15.4 MB
  • IMG_5969.MOV
    36.1 MB
widow... :cool: will color up better in time;)
 
RBTA
 
Returned to LFS on account of “it’s a basic RTA and not that Black Widow that I wanted”. :-)
 
Pic is when it just came in now it lost its white webbing dunno how or why.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new