BTA Issue

BuddyTheGreat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this BTA for a week and it’s been great it’s opened up moved around a lot but the last couple of days it’s been mostly closed up and hidden and I flipped the rock over to look at it and it’s been like this for a couple of hours. What’s wrong?
IMG_6645.jpeg
IMG_6646.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List the lights, settings, the kind of flow its getting, and parameters (and their test kits)

OP
OP
B

BuddyTheGreat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this BTA for a week and it’s been great it’s opened up moved around a lot but the last couple of days it’s been mostly closed up and hidden and I flipped the rock over to look at it and it’s been like this for a couple of hours. What’s wrong?
IMG_6645.jpeg
IMG_6646.jpeg
List the lights, settings, the kind of flow its getting, and parameters (and their test kits)
Nicrew gen 2 lights. The only flow is from a aquaclear HOB. I would say it’s a pretty moderate to low flow. Mostly white light dimmed with some blues. PH 8.0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 Ammonia 0. Salinity is 1.026 and temp is 78°F. I used API saltwater test kit. And Hanna tester for salinity.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it attached to the rock? Is it holding itself to it tightly

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it’s mouth look like is it gaping?

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to see in the picture. Is its mouth tightly closed? Or is it slacking open. Wide open?

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And typically moving around the tank a lot is not a good sign.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month old. Got lucky and skipped cycle by using live sand and cured live rock. Never had an ammonia spike and I test a few times a week.
Hate to tell ya but. The nem is a goner. They really don’t survive in a new tank. Unfortunately you jumped the gun a bit. It may survive but it probably won’t. Your water has no nutrients in it yet. It’s too young. IMO don’t add another for 6-9 months till you have plenty of coralline algae growing all over.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicrew gen 2 lights. The only flow is from a aquaclear HOB. I would say it’s a pretty moderate to low flow. Mostly white light dimmed with some blues. PH 8.0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 Ammonia 0. Salinity is 1.026 and temp is 78°F. I used API saltwater test kit. And Hanna tester for salinity.

What about phosphate? You need to up the flow (get a wavemaker or more depending on the tank size), get a quality phosphate test kit, and raise nitrate (I prefer dosing something like aminos (0 phosphate) or vitachem marine if you need a little bit of phosphate too). Feeding the fish extra will help too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back