Bta not hosting maroon clownfish

Reefer249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i’ve had a juvenile thunder maroon clownfish and a bta in a tank together for a little over a month. The maroon still has no interest in the bta! I figured maybe since it’s captive bred it could take a little longer, but not over a month haha. I’m sure i’m just being impatient, but has anyone ever had a maroon that took a while to host with a bta?

Wrigley&Ivy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gold stripe and a green bta. The clown has ZERO interest in the bta! : ( It's been prob longer then a month now. The bta is big and beautiful and the clown ignores....sigh. I also have a pair of ocellaris clowns in another tank, they have been there over a year with a bta and they too ignore their beautiful bta.....One day

OP
OP
Reefer249

Reefer249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gold stripe and a green bta. The clown has ZERO interest in the bta! : ( It's been prob longer then a month now. The bta is big and beautiful and the clown ignores....sigh. I also have a pair of ocellaris clowns in another tank, they have been there over a year with a bta and they too ignore their beautiful bta.....One day
Well at least i’m not the only one with a maroon ignoring it’s natural host haha. Maybe when they get bigger :)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took about 6 months.. clown never showed interest then woke up one morning and they were in it.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i’ve had a juvenile thunder maroon clownfish and a bta in a tank together for a little over a month. The maroon still has no interest in the bta! I figured maybe since it’s captive bred it could take a little longer, but not over a month haha. I’m sure i’m just being impatient, but has anyone ever had a maroon that took a while to host with a bta?
Welcome to the party, it took almost two years for my Clowns to get in an Anemone.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting about a month for mine so far, but I know it could be somewhere between tomorrow and never lol They like to swim right above it and stare at it, they're a pair of teases

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never understood this problem. Every time I put a clown (regardless of the species) in a tank with a BTA, they always go right to it and make themselves at home within a day.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never understood this problem. Every time I put a clown (regardless of the species) in a tank with a BTA, they always go right to it and make themselves at home within a day.
Do you have the same success in putting a BTA in a tank that already has clowns?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a BTA and an oscellaris in the same tank for 9 months. Nemo never went near that thing LOL

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the same success in putting a BTA in a tank that already has clowns?
You know, that's an interesting thought. Maybe putting a fish in a new tank drives the fish to want to hide initially. And hiding for a clown would be in a nem. Interesting - I never really thought about it before.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, that's an interesting thought. Maybe putting a fish in a new tank drives the fish to want to hide initially. And hiding for a clown would be in a nem. Interesting - I never really thought about it before.
In both tanks I've kept clowns and BTA's the clowns were there first. Kicking myself if I could've just reversed the stocking order and had clowns rubbin on nems from day one!

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a BTA and an oscellaris in the same tank for 9 months. Nemo never went near that thing LOL
Same here, then lost BTA due to Vibrant(never again). So I got a LTA and within 1 week the Clowns were in. Now Nemo and Shark Bait almost never come out of it(going on a 1 year now).

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my captive bred maroons took to BTA in a matter of days. Are you 100% positive you have a bubble tip?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't think it's terribly uncommon for them not to take to an anemone. Otherwise you wouldn't see constant posts about it.

OP
OP
Reefer249

Reefer249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't think it's terribly uncommon for them not to take to an anemone. Otherwise you wouldn't see constant posts about it.
Seems like the vast majority of the posts are people with ocellaris and a bta. Just seems crazy to me that my maroon is ignoring it’s natural host.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Every instance of a Nem hosting clown fish in any of my tanks has always been with the addition of the enemy after the clowns have been established in the tank.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pair of blood orange clowns this week and one of them was in the rainbow bubble tip anemone within an hour or two.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back