BTA not looking good

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I got my first BTA about a month ago. It was looking great, but then decided to move around the tank a bit, and slowly started getting smaller and contracted. It still is sticking to the rock, and moved to the front side of my rock overnight. But it has been looking like this during the day when the "day flow" turns on. At night, it's foot is totally extended and it's fat, but the tenticals remain contracted. It appears there's a little slime or something that it leaves behind, and on its tenticals.

Any thoughts?

Alk 8.5, nitrate 5-10, salinity 34, temp 78, calcium 440, mag 1400.

20210101_105547.jpg

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank what lights and what flow would help. Most likely not stable enough parameters.
I have a 100 gallon tank, and I'm using two hydra 32 lights, and two ice cap geyer 2K. The flow seems really heavy where it's at, but it moved there and has been on that rock for a few days now and not seeming to care. Everything else in the tank has a nice jiggle to it. What parameters do you think would cause that to happen? Like what parameters could I work on keeping more stable?

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity most important then alk cal and mag. Stability gets easier as the tank matures. Salinity if you have auto top off system that’s easy. Whatever you do don’t feed the anemone until it looks better but yours doesn’t look that bad.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back