BTA not looking to good

• Thread starter 154162
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

View Badges
Hey!
I added this bta back in aug it’s been doing great up until now... it moved around the tank a little after stacking from its original rock, the found a spot! In sept I added a porcelain crab, it hose Ted the bta, but to me it seemed it was hugging it too much and the bta was always kinda half deflated, if the porcelain crab stepped off it would go back to normal!
Now the porcelain crab doesn’t host it, and the bta moved maybe an inch, and was really deflated, it plumped back up a bit, but still not looking good, and insights? Is this normal process? Kinda wish I never added the crab....
Tank parameters are all inline with the average... phosphate and nitrates have always been low though, working on getting them up, I also upgraded to prime mid September... could be the reason... I don’t know what steps to take next...
Here are some pictures of it before, and the last one is now!
75070C23-8B30-474B-8484-30A5EE02736E.jpeg
CA6C4AB5-0EE5-4188-BC33-30ADFE5CF7A9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry BTA

Any thoughts?
Try feeding it some small mysis or brine shrimp.

What light it's under in the first pic?
What size tank?
What are the parameters?
Did you run any acclimation on the lighting?
Any idea what the par is where the bra is at?

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It could be just stressed from the change in lights. It looks kind of like what has happened to some of mine when I didn't light acclimate. The older pic looks to be running more on the blue side of the spectrum compared to the prime currently. What type of schedule are you running?

OP
OP

View Badges
Haven’t been feeding for a bit, conflicting thoughts on feeding BTA’s out there hahaha

The tank is the Evo 13.5, the original light is stock light supplemented with two truelumen actinic led bars...
acclimation was set up on the prime for 20 days, been running the saxby setting
Parameters are all in line
Salinity 34
Temp 78
Kh 8.2
Ca 400
Mag 1200
Pho’s and nitrate have been low though 0.01-0.02 for phos and between 2 and zero for nitrates been working on pulling them up

Hones’t I’ve done nothing to change things because I wanted to see if anything would change, but now I’m wondering if action should be taken or not, or it might still take time to get back to anormal

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t been feeding for a bit, conflicting thoughts on feeding BTA’s out there hahaha

The tank is the Evo 13.5, the original light is stock light supplemented with two truelumen actinic led bars...
acclimation was set up on the prime for 20 days, been running the scant setting
Parameters are all in line
Salinity 34
Temp 78
Kh 8.2
Ca 400
Mag 1200
Pho’s and nitrate have been low though 0.01-0.02 for phos and between 2 and zero for nitrates been working on pulling them up

Hones’t I’ve done nothing to change things because I wanted to see if anything would change, but now I’m wondering if action should be taken or not, or it might still take time to get back to anormal

Try getting nitrates and phosphates up. You can dose them, or feed a little more.

What intensity of the light at? With it being a small tank, it may be too much light

OP
OP

View Badges
Yeah I have been trying to Feed the tank haha but no luck getting those nutrients up... I have seachem nitrogen and phosphorus (from the ire freshwater line, that apparently people have been using to dose) but I think I might look at getting brightwell instead of running the risk of dosing seachem!
It’s running the sa by setting, so not too sure what overall intensity is, didn’t know you could see that, I don’t have a par meter either!

It hasn’t been expelling zoexanthelle so I didn’t think the light was too bright

Will decent lay up nutrients and take it from there, and honestly been wanting to change up the light schedule so will look at that! Thanks

Back