BTA question

  • Thread starter Thread starter gsw0716
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gsw0716

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
119
Location
Fairfield, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this BTA for around 8 months, I assume it's doing pretty well, my clowns love it too. My question is continuing to keep it happy? Other than good water quality, flow, consistent parameters, and occasional feeding, should I add anything else? Also, will it continue to grow or eventually split? And what's preferred, one big BTA or a split with multiples? I just want to ensure I give it the best quality possible as I dont want it dying out and smelling up my room lol.

Thank you

20260624_193535.jpg 20260624_193530.jpg
 
Your bta looks fine!

When will it split? That’s up to the bta when it decides to do that. I’ve seen some take well over a year to split while others split within days of being in a tank. So many factors play into why this happens
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new