BTA Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter JPR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JPR

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I added a BTA to my tank a few days ago. I set him in a little hole in a rock, thinking he will move around until he's happy. Well, he hasn't moved one bit. I guess I'm concerned maybe he can't get out of the hole? Paranoid I guess. I thought I would just check in and see if my expectations aren't necessarily valid and just let him be. Photos below are rough, but I did try and use the Ice Cap orange filter at least. Thanks!

BTA.jpg
BTA2.jpg
 
Hey folks, I added a BTA to my tank a few days ago. I set him in a little hole in a rock, thinking he will move around until he's happy. Well, he hasn't moved one bit. I guess I'm concerned maybe he can't get out of the hole? Paranoid I guess. I thought I would just check in and see if my expectations aren't necessarily valid and just let him be. Photos below are rough, but I did try and use the Ice Cap orange filter at least. Thanks!

BTA.jpg
BTA2.jpg
I agree. Gratitude my friend
 
Here's a photo of the same BTA, as of early this morning. I'm at a loss as to what is going on here. Can someone explain?

BTA3.jpg
 
It’s a very beautiful BTA. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you pay for it?
 
It’s a very beautiful BTA. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you pay for it?
Thanks. I want to say $25.00 from my LFS. He has them in his main tank. I guess they multiply like crazy. So he'll sell off a few every now and then.

Oh, and thanks for the advice. I never would have guess that is what was going on. Frankly, I'm really surprised Google did come up with anything like that during my search. Wrong keywords I guess. lol
 
Usually when they close up like that they are eating or expelling waste a.k.a. pooping LOL. You got a great deal on that. I would say it’s a steal. I have a similar bubble tip I paid $80 for.
 

Attachments

  • 65CE696B-64C9-4783-BA44-38A4F65A126A.jpeg
    65CE696B-64C9-4783-BA44-38A4F65A126A.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 34

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new