- Joined
- Oct 7, 2026
- Messages
- 10
- Reaction score
- 19
- What state or country do you live in
- Australia
Hi!
I have had my 12G nano tank setup for about 1 year currently there is a singular oscilaris in the tank and i used to have a tailspot blenny until sadly he passed away
I was thinking of adding another oscilaris but unsure how to proceed and making sure i do it right of course
I have noted alot of people talking about the sizing but that seems quite hard as my oscilaris doesnt seem too big - image for example
Hes about the same size as a peppermint shrimp in length
This is the only picture when he was in the QT tank before i moved him/her to the main tank a year ago
- same size retained
There are 3 smaller BTAs in the tank and he has hosted one of them
I have had my 12G nano tank setup for about 1 year currently there is a singular oscilaris in the tank and i used to have a tailspot blenny until sadly he passed away
I was thinking of adding another oscilaris but unsure how to proceed and making sure i do it right of course
I have noted alot of people talking about the sizing but that seems quite hard as my oscilaris doesnt seem too big - image for example
Hes about the same size as a peppermint shrimp in length
This is the only picture when he was in the QT tank before i moved him/her to the main tank a year ago
- same size retained
There are 3 smaller BTAs in the tank and he has hosted one of them

my oscilaris was good with the blenny but that also may have been pure luck - unsure on stores stance on returns so i may need to call them first
- as it was a solo oscilaris i assumed it stayed genderless in a way