Bta question

ashleelyons2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty new to all the saltwater have the most crazy question please dont attack me lol but I learned the hard way about wave makers and lost my Bta as in completely just whole thing disappeared anyway now my question is could a part of it have started to regenerate my son took a picture of this tiny little thing that a swear it almost looks like a Bta am I wrong??

Magic City Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! :cool:

Sorry to hear about your BTA. FYI, not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but there are plenty of wavemaker covers out there that will prevent this from happening again (or at least make it harder to recur) if you ever decide to try another one.

Upvote 0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty new to all the saltwater have the most crazy question please dont attack me lol but I learned the hard way about wave makers and lost my Bta as in completely just whole thing disappeared anyway now my question is could a part of it have started to regenerate my son took a picture of this tiny little thing that a swear it almost looks like a Bta am I wrong??
Welcome! Glad you joined.

My BTAs lost war with leather toadstool coral, but one sickly one has been hanging on for months. Twice I've taken it to the trash, only to have its base cling tightly to my fingers as if begging for its life... they have amazing regenerative powers, but it takes time. Photo to me resembles ball anemone, but it could just be the photo - and while considered pest, ball anemones stay small and don't do anything so either way just watch and hope. Will be interested in what you learned. Good luck!!

This is a great reference book type article I still refer:

Upvote 0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 108 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back